In 2004-2009 the territory of the Republic of Armenia was devided into 52 educational zones (clusters) and 52 schools were chosen according to those “educational zones”. Having the material resources and with the aim of developing and coordinating gained experience in the result of discussions between the Ministry of Education RA, school centres’ principals and other stakeholders proposed to establish “Union of school-centres”.
On December23,2010,Armenian Government approved decree No1707,according to which several schools were allowed to participate in the creation of the Union of School Centres.
On August 1, 2012 a contract was signed between “ Centre for Education Project” Implementation Unit and the4 “ Union of School-Centres” union of legal entities through which the activity of the Union of School-Centres as a union was officially launched.
The aim of “Union of School-Centres”Union of legal entities is to study and present the best experience of teachers’ professional activities, promote implementation of innovations in schools, provide small grant projects related to school development.
The cooperation network was created between the school-centres by the activity of “ Union of School-Centres” union of legal entities,which enabled exchanging the current advanced experience and investing the innovations in the schools of the different regions of the RA .
The relevant seminar leaders and USC staff studied interesting and advanced experience,as well as the activity of the latest achievement of international relevant professional group in different schools by USC organized monthly professional meetings.
In 2012-2013 “ Union of School-Centres” union of legal entities (USC) carried out range of programs, including:
- Development and investment of the ethic norms’ document “ The Teachers' Code of Ethics ”document was developed with preliminarily selected experts and invested in some schools of different regions in RA.
- Development and investment of the school development program- “Development program-guideline” based on State education development program was created and invested in some schools of different regions in Armenia by preliminarily selected experts.
- Providing small grants- Provided small grants for contributing the implementation and dissemination of school development program and pedagogical innovations and promote the cooperation and establishment of a network between schools through providing small grants to schools. Electronic databases, lesson plans, thematic lesson plans, presentations and other useful materials were set up in the result of the implementation of grant programs.
- Organization of different professional meetings . The range of professional workshops were carried out for high and primary schools’ principals of Yerevan and the regions of the Republic of Armenia and deputy principals related to professional education support and social workers (sots., pedagogues and psychologists), head of methodological unit president and head teachers.
In 2013 the “ Union of School-Centres” union of legal entities was supplemented with 36 newly elected members and the total quantity of USC member school centres became 84.
The most important achievement of the new institution of USC activity in a year is the involvement of more than 400 schools of different regions of the Republic of Armenia. by organized various events.
“ Union of School-Centres” union of legal entities plans to carry out the following activities
- A comprehensive development package of in –school control planning and implementation for all types of school implemented secondary-school educational programs.The creation of the package will enable more effective in managing educational process in schools,preventing the arising problems in time and making necessary changes. The program is aimed at the extension of efficiency and transparency in the management and administration of criterion requirements at all types of schools implementing public education,curriculum,syllabuses and the quality of annual plan performances of school educational activities.
- Printing of school development manual. By request of principals already created school development program exemplary manual are expected to be published, which will be provided to all schools of the Republic of Armenia.
- Printing ethic norm manual. The teacher norm regulating manual is also expected to be published in 2013-2014,which will be provided to all schools of the Republic of Armenia.
- School individual professional staff meetings’ arrangements and conducting lectures on academic items. USC is also planning to organize lectures on academic items,professional meetings and discussions that will contribute to continuing education of the school administrative and pedagodical staff, incresing of the level of professional development and awareness.